Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?

Subject: Re: What is this effect called? How do you achieve it?
From: "Prashanth Menon" <prashanthv -dot- menon -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 18:35:19 +0530

Try Screenshot Captor:
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/index.html

I have not used Screenshot Captor myself so I am not the best person to
advice you on your specific requirement. Its "active window enhancement"
feature may be what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Prashanth

On 5/6/06, Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com> wrote:

Hi all

For those of you out there that also wear the graphics designer hats, I
have
perhaps a simple and silly question.

Assume you have snagged a full sized screen capture, then reduced the
size.
Granted, things get a bit fuzzy and I don't mind that. I often will later
snag a capture of a specific menu item and leave it full size and
superimpose it on the screen. Here's where I'm struggling. Both with what
the effect is called, as well as how to articulate and ultimately
implement
it.

My ultimate desire is to have a shaded box or circle surrounding the area
I'm zoomed in on. The shading should follow from the location on the
scaled
down screen to the outline of the zoomed portion.

Because I'm unsure of the actual terminology used to describe this effect,
I'm coming up dry when using Google to search for information on possible
techniques I can use or maybe even which software has this capability.

advTHANKSance for any insights... Rick :)

Doc-To-Help includes a one-click RoboHelp project converter. It's that
easy. Watch the demo at http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as prashanthv -dot- menon -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/prashanthv.menon%40gmail.com