RE: TWs and Aptitude for OO Programming

Subject: RE: TWs and Aptitude for OO Programming
From: "Johnson, Tom" <TJohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "Joe Malin" <jmalin -at- tuvox -dot- com>, "Tara Charter" <tara -dot- charter -at- physiciansmutual -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:39:41 -0400

Would this kind of aptitude test be valid for someone with limited programming experience? Is one available on the web?

I believe Joe is right in saying it is something you'd have to love to do. Those that think they are interested can dive into VBA if you use nearly any recent Microsoft application. Some might consider that statement heresy, but I've pulled off a couple programming projects that have impressed my boss. One program gets used by others in our company on a regular basis.

Here's what I've learned. I need a lot more practice to become proficient. It can be fun and frustrating at the same time. It gets easier the more you do.

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer
tjohnson -at- starcutter -dot- com