Re: Reviewers who don't review

Subject: Re: Reviewers who don't review
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Siliconwriter" <siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:31:15 -0700

Take him at his word. Next time arrive at his office with the draft, a thermos of coffee, box of donuts or protein bars and
a few hours' worth of work you can do on the side, and announce that you are taking up residence in his office until
he has reviewed your document.

Really, though, there is probably no insurance that is better
than some hands-on product time to test your own document.
You need to keep bringing up the fact that you have not had
access to the product for testing at every opportunity, until
someone gets it for you just so you'll go away. If engineers
and managers don't go running for cover and diving under
their desks at the sight of the approaching tech writer, you're
being too easy on them.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Siliconwriter" <siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net>

Any suggestions as to a response? I am holding onto my temper with both hands, as the field reps are now blaming me for this screw-up. Am I responsible? What can I do to ensure that this does not happen in future? I should point out that Tech Support Guy is frequently off site and when he is here, is virtually always on the phone. If I stood over him to get a review, I'd have to move into his cubicle.