RE: MS Word repeatedly loses auto format table styles

Subject: RE: MS Word repeatedly loses auto format table styles
From: "Karen Murri" <kmurri -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Trish Robertson'" <trishrobertson -at- mbibenefits -dot- com>, <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:44:59 -0500

I think I had a similar problem. Mine was that text in the table refused to
take the assigned style. The style list would say the right thing, the style
was set up right, but when you looked at the paragraph settings for that
paragraph, it would be wrong. Does that sound familiar?

If so, I seem to remember tracing it back to the default styles in the
normal.dot template. I had made a change to the normal style (and changed it
back later), which the default table style was based on, which affected
another table style, which messed up the style in the new template. It was
convoluted and annoying to say the least. I went back to the normal.dot
template and hunted down every style that had been based on that change to
make sure they were set back to the default. I also made sure that my new
table styles were based on "none".

Hope that helps.
-Karen