Re: Getting Hired...Opinion #2500

Subject: Re: Getting Hired...Opinion #2500
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:46:28 -0800

To a certain extent, aye. But it also has to do with how hard are
you going to make me work to extract what I'm looking for from
your resume?
Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>

I'm not opposed to improving the situation, but my gut tells me that we don't begin with hiring managers who want strict control over the form and content of my resume. If that was actually what is needed, we could revert to job applications on company-designed forms. This solution would save ME a lot of guess work about each particular job's personality and job requirements. Based on what I'm hearing in this thread, I think hiring managers would probably get more satisfaction from using their own application forms, too--it seems that their dissatisfaction all stems from having applicants who somehow just don't get what the employer is looking for.

In favor say Aye.