Re: Word to Framemaker

Subject: Re: Word to Framemaker
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "Kirk Turner" <royj -at- alltel -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:00:44 -0600

At 8:03 AM -0500 1/25/07, Kirk Turner wrote:

I am converting a large, complex manual from Word to Framemaker 7.2. The
manual has a TOC, numerous subsections, footnotes, headers, and running
headings. It is about 460 pages. I have read TechKnowledge Corp's online
article about this conversion, but found that after I eliminated all the
page breaks, TOC, headers, and footers, what remained looked much like a
WordPad text. It would take me a week to redo all those elements.

Is there a third-party plug-in that isn't ridiculously expensive or a method
whereby I may retain the elements of the Word DOC?

Now that the day shift is in, I thought some of you might know.

I don't think that you can get there from here, but maybe some of you know
the way.

Best regards,
Kirk Turner

Try Filtrix. It will import it into your document. There is a bit of a learning curve, though not excessive. It is a bit better than importing RTF directly into Frame.

Check it out here http://www.blueberry.com