Re: Word to OpenOffice - what to do with styles?

Subject: Re: Word to OpenOffice - what to do with styles?
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:48:12 -0600 (CST)

Kevin McLauchlan, have you moved to that happy land where we can have ham and eggs every day AND use Linux?

I so want to use Linux for documentation! But I haven't yet had a contract with anyone to do it, so I haven't had to put conversions to the test.

And why, you might ask, am I so keen on this?

Because it's been too long since I've had the chance to play with something that was utterly new to me. Linux promises to fit that bill. But as long as my clients are stuck in Windows-land, I have to stick with the old stuff . . . Sure, I can experiment with Linux on my own, but nothing beats the adrenaline-rush of struggling with a new program while a deadline looms.

--Nancy, whose brain needs feeding