Re: software tools

Subject: Re: software tools
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:45:18 +0900

Jill Marie Jeffries said:
> I know there are alot of recruiters out there that just look for key words
> on resume that match the job description. It is unfortunate, and I know
> frustrating for the candidate especially when they are not even close to
> being a fit for the position.

That's not a problem. In fact, it's a good thing if the process filters out
people who aren't qualified for the position.

What would really be frustrating is if well-qualified candidates are being
screened out because the keywords in the job description don't truly
match the skills needed for the job. That's bad for the employer and the
qualified tech writers.

BTW thanks for taking part in our list. We tend only to hear about tech writers'
bad experiences with recruiters. It's good to hear from someone working on
the inside.

Stuart