Re: Requirements tracking software

Subject: Re: Requirements tracking software
From: somayya elgemei <selgemei -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: Pro TechWriter <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>, Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:29:44 -0700 (PDT)

I used a tool called iRise (http://www.irise.com) from a Los Angeles based company. The tool itself is very neat but pricey. The product suite consists of several modules.

iRise allows you to capture requirements and combine them with a functional simulation providing an interactive blueprint keeping people on track . It allows you to capture scenarios, use cases, and narration. Using iRise you can manage requirements, allocate them to releases, audit them throughout the lifecycle and produce reports on demand.

If you have users/developers/ stakeholders on remote teams, they can collaborate and interact with the simulation giving real time feedback to authors.

Worth checking out.
S.

> Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
> Sent by:
> 04/25/2007 01:53 PM

> Subject
> Requirements tracking software

> Does anyone have any recommendations on applications for tracking requirements in software development projects? I've never used any such applications; all my experience in such tracking is strictly manual using spreadsheets and tables in documents.
My new boss asked me to come up with ideas for tracking, so I would especially appreciate any
pointers as to why a recommended package is recommended. Thanks.

> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
>
> Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
> full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
> to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
> michelle_vina-baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
>
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/michelle_vina-baltsas%40datascope.com

> Create HTML or Microsoft Word content and convert to Help file formats or
> printed documentation. Features include support for Windows Vista & 2007
> http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList
>
> Now shipping: Help &amp; Manual 4 with RoboHelp(r) import! New editor,
> full Unicode support. Create help files, web-based help and PDF in up
> to 106 languages with Help &amp; Manual: http://www.helpandmanual.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/pro.techwriter%40gmail.com

PT
pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com
I'm a Technical Technical Writer!

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as selgemei -at- yahoo -dot- ca -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/selgemei%40yahoo.ca

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList