Re: Part Time QA?

Subject: Re: Part Time QA?
From: Sara Stewart <sara -at- sara-stewart -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:06:10 -0400

Interestingly, this is an issue that also came up for me recently. As a
routine part of documentation, I have been submitting bug reports and
instances of typos or inconsistencies in the interface. My current
employers decided they liked this service so much, they've not only
adopted my method of error reporting as the company standard, but also
are moving me into formal testing. (I get to learn their testing
harness later this week.)

I personally think doing testing is a great fit with technical writing,
and I love working closely with developers, so I'm quite happy about it.
I have a similar background to PTW, I think, though. If you're not
sure about whether you'd like it or not, you might want to do some
research on QA processes (if you have inside information, so much the
better), and see how you feel about it. Of course, you probably already
did that. :)

Just my CDN$0.02 (now at a 30-year high in informational value!). Take
care, and good luck!

Sara Stewart

--
Sara Stewart Communications