Re: A Survey: Do You Name Your Images in a Std Way?

Subject: Re: A Survey: Do You Name Your Images in a Std Way?
From: Mary Arrotti <mary_arrotti -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Barbara Vega <BarbaraV -at- libertyims -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 06:02:44 -0700 (PDT)

Generally, I follow certain conventions - adding _icon to the end of names of captured buttons or _win to full screen captures.
Since we translate & localize some of our products (including buttons & icons) - I've changed how I work with those button images. Instead of capturing & naming buttons - I've shared the development images (and names) from the application. That way - only one set of buttons need to be translated.

Barbara Vega <BarbaraV -at- libertyims -dot- com> wrote:
Hi all:

When you write your documentation and you are making images galore -
whether it be an electronic document (in Robo or whatever) or PDF or
what have you, and you are making images as you go along going back and
forth to the software, going through it as you go capturing and pasting
and going through the steps and putting the images in, do you name your
images in a standard way, or do you name them haphazardly?

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList