Re: How to convert PDF file originally created in Illustrator/InDesign to editable format

Subject: Re: How to convert PDF file originally created in Illustrator/InDesign to editable format
From: "Kathleen MacDowell" <kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com>
To: "Reffelt, Sheila" <Sheila -dot- Reffelt -at- alcoa -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:44:59 -0500

In some versions of Acrobat Pro (I'm pretty sure back to 6, definitely 8,
and whatever version came just before) you can export the document as a Word
doc (and other types of files). You can also export the graphics to several
formats. As Al said, you can also open the PDF in Illustrator/Photoshop,
though I find Illustrator most versatile.

Note that none of these solutions is likely to work if the document has
security, unless you have the password. Also, if opening a file in
Illustrator, make a backup copy first--it's possible to overwrite the
original with the pieces you're extracting.

Good luck,

Kathleen

On 6/7/07, Reffelt, Sheila <Sheila -dot- Reffelt -at- alcoa -dot- com> wrote:

> Thank you for that helpful information. I, too, suggested Professional,
> but you gave an amazing amount of helpful information. I am new to the
> product, and appreciate all you folks here who really give yourselves
> generously to the cause!

Kathleen MacDowell
www.writefortheuser.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList