Re: Great quote

Subject: Re: Great quote
From: "Raj Machhan" <raj -dot- machhan -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Michelle Vina-Baltsas" <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- datascope -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 03:25:58 +0530

Michelle wrote:

>>"When something can be read without great effort, great effort went into
its writing."

-Enrique Jardiel Poncela>>

Great quote. Poncela captures the essence of technical communication in a
single sentence that is simple yet powerful. And, this is what technical
writing is all about. Considering the success that Poncela has achieved,
maybe technical writers who have mastered the art of simple and effective
communication can consider writing plays and novels :) For, good technical
writing is based on the same critical element that goes into the making of a
great novel or a play.(A bit of linear thinking on my part. However, I find
it very much feasible provided one has the time and a rich imagination).

Raj