RE: musicians among us

Subject: RE: musicians among us
From: "Bob Colwell" <bob -dot- colwell -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:02:37 -0800

There are several books that explore the relationship of music to minds,
consciousness, and so on, that you might enjoy.

If you ever saw the Robin Williams movie Awakenings, the doctor he was
portraying is Oliver Sacks, who is quite an engaging author and speaker.
Sacks has written a book entitled "Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the
Brain". I'm not entirely happy with this effort, but he also written other
books on the medical profession that I really enjoyed. Check them out.

A book I like even more is "This is Your Brain on Music: the Science of a
Human Obsession" by Daniel Levitin. I particularly liked Levitin's constant
referrals to real music, from very old classical sources (that you'll
probably recognize) to music that you'll find on today's hit lists.

-BobC

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList