RE: know your ... who?

Subject: RE: know your ... who?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Caroline Tabach" <caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:08:28 -0500

Caroline Tabach [mailto:caroline -dot- tabach -at- gmail -dot- com] mentioned:
> All I can say is that you are not alone in the fact that you do not
> get to meet the customers.
> I have found the Customer support and sales people to be one of my
> best sources of input and am always asking them for comments even
> though they are not the people who are "supposed" to be approving
> documentation.
>
> I even asked them to pass on their FAQs to me, as they reflect things
> that are either missing or not clear in the user guides, but
> unfortunately I did not get far with that.

Sounds like somebody protecting his/her job there.
You could try making a case for whoever has budgetary responsibility for
the Customer Support department (i.e., not the CS manager who is
protecting his empire, but the person who would look good if the number
of calls to Customer Support could be trimmed ... along with the CS
budget that's currently justified by that number of [unnecessary?]
calls... )

Really, you would simply be offering to get some existing company
documentation to the customers' notice _before_ they get frustrated and
cranky and have to pick up the phone. Who could reasonably argue with
that?

Kevin
or disclosing it.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList