Re: TC vs TW

Subject: Re: TC vs TW
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Technical Writer" <tekwrytr -at- hotmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 08:09:44 -0700

I had a writer who talked like that once (I didn't hire her, she came
with the group when I took it over). Her entire time working for me
was an endless series of campaigns to introduce various "new
paradigm online user experience" concepts to "enhance" the
25-page printed manuals and the small help app that were
packaged in the boxes with our instruments. Never mind the fact
that most of our customers were so not interested in any online
user experience that our designs had to include connections for
optional modems because most of our customers' labs didn't
have network connections. She eventually left us for a more
"forward thinking" company whose commercials featured a
sock spokespuppet, and I lost track of her after that.

Gene Kim-Eng