RE: Fun with Word

Subject: RE: Fun with Word
From: poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net
To: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:05:44 +0000

To those who have had no problems with bullets and numbering in relatively short documents, it's like jury duty or meeting the unknown driver who has your name on his front bumper -- your day will come.

I know some folks who have been called up for jury duty several times in only a few years' span. I've been in Atlanta since the 1984 and have yet to be even called in for POSSIBLE jury duty, even though I'm a registered voter.

Likewise, I know of a few folks who seem to have "Sucker" taped to their car; my wife, a transportation engineer here in Atlanta since the mid-1980s, has gotten several speeding tickets over the past few years for merely keeping with traffic -- yet _she's_ the one picked off by the cops; I follow traffic the same way and haven't gotten a ticket since November 1991, yet it could change on my way home from work tonight.

As for Word, yes, I now use only preset paragraph tags called "bulletted" and "number", and yes, it HAS happened that mid-way or even later in the document, I'll highlight a block of text for retagging to bulleted for example and watch as miraculously, the tag name is applied (as shown in the "Style" field in the menu bar at the top of the screen) while every bulleted item in the doc reverts to bulletless text with body text attributes.

Please don't tell me I must have done something wrong, because I know from this list what NOT to do and what TO do and this is EXACTLY as it happens.

Not every time, but sometimes.

Windows XP, Word 2003, on a PC with oodles of RAM and speed.

-- Kenpo in Atlanta

-------------- Original message from "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>: --------------

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList