RE: Follow-up to question about getting feedback from users

Subject: RE: Follow-up to question about getting feedback from users
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "'Combs, Richard'" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, "'Boudreaux, Madelyn \(GE Healthcare, consultant\)'" <MadelynBoudreaux -at- ge -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:33:21 -0700

There is no "phone home function". You install Feedback on your server
(optionally on a MadCap secure server). You generate reports about what your
users do on your server. MadCap the company doesn't track anything - the
product generates reports about what your users do on your server.

So, if you consider it intrusive that servers gather information about what
happens on the server, and think of that as similar to having people wander
your house, then I don't know what to tell you.

All web servers collect this server activity information. If you host your
docs on your server, this information is already being collected by your
server. Feedback aggregates and reports on what's already happening. You run
reports about your server and your users and see what's going on.

MadCap never sees this info. It's your info about your server and your
server activity. Why would MadCap care about what your users are doing on
your server?

sharon

Sharon Burton
MadCap Software Product Consultant
Managing your content, one topic at a time
www.anthrobytes.com
951-369-8590
IM: sharonvburton -at- yahoo -dot- com
Twitter: sharonburton