RE: Book layout software?

Subject: RE: Book layout software?
From: "Daniel Ng" <kjng -at- gprotechnologies -dot- com>
To: "'Connie Giordano'" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>, <jennysubs -at- mac -dot- com>, "'techwr-l List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:16:09 +0800

*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
You don't need a specific booklet tool to design printable booklets. As long
as you can output to PDF.

before you print to PDF, adjust your page margins to something more narrow
than you would usually do, to get to the bleeding edge and you'll be fine.

Print to PDF with Adobe Acrobat or open source PDF Creator.

Now with the version 9.0 of Adobe Acrobat/Reader, when you print, in the
Print dialog, you can select the booklet option .

For even more control, for more pagination controls if you want you can get
the commercial version of Adobe Acrobat.

In most cases for simple booklet prints, Adobat Acrobat Reader's built in
booklet print option in the Print dialog is pretty robust until it becomes
integrated into standard Windows 8 Print dialog boxes.

PS. for printers that fall in the category of 'fancy' they usually have more
robust driver settings that the non-fancy printers don't have. That might be
an option to tweak around and experiment with on recycled paper first,
before the tree hugging green types jump in.

Daniel