Using Topic Keywords as Help Ids

Subject: Using Topic Keywords as Help Ids
From: Claire Philpott <cphilpott -at- ppf -dot- com -dot- cy>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:14:13 +0000

Hi

I am working with RoboHelp 8 and FrameMaker 9, and will single source from Frame to RoboHelp to create online Help. I plan to use custom markers to split my Frame book into topics. We plan to deploy WebHelp.

It is a long time since I created online help, and used topic Ids to map the topics to the system.

The head of development here has informed me that Map files and topic IDs are 'Old School' and that now what we need is a Keyword list.

My understanding of Keywords is that they are primarily used to facilitate Indexes and user searches.

RoboHelp does have a means by which to create Topic Keywords based on the file name of each HTML topic, and I can see how they would deliver a unique ID for topic mapping.

Is this now the way in which CSH is being created? I am curious because the help file in RoboHelp makes no mention of using Key words in any way other than for indexes and refers to Topic IDs for CSH.

Thanks for your help.

Claire

Claire Philpott
PPF SERVICES LTD
Athienitis Centennial Building, Office 602
48 Themistokli Dervi Street, 1066 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel. (+357) 99 539 430, Fax (+357) 22 66 01 87
E-mail:cphilpott -at- ppf -dot- com -dot- cy<E-mail:jspencer -at- ppf -dot- com -dot- cy>
www.ppfgroup.nl<http://www.ppfgroup.nl/>

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/