Editorial review board - when to edit?

Subject: Editorial review board - when to edit?
From: "Kieran Sullivan" <ksullivan -at- tssg -dot- org>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:30:27 +0100

Hi all,

The organisation I work for wants to start publishing research white-papers.

I'm part of the review board who will assess these documents before they're
published and I'd like to ask your advice on where editing of same would be
best deployed.

I have one such white-paper in front of me now and I have to pass it on to a
suitable content reviewer. The reviewer will read it, pass it back to me
with comments/suggestions and I then return it to the author. The author
addresses the comments/suggestions and we publish the paper (or not, as the
case may be).

My question then: where in the process would a
grammar/punctuation/omit-useless-words check be most useful? Before I pass
the paper to the reviewer? Or just before the paper goes out the door here?
Or at both stages?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kieran.

Kieran Sullivan

Telecommunications Software & Systems Group, (www.tssg.org
<http://www.tssg.org/> )

Waterford Institute of Technology, (www.wit.ie <http://www.wit.ie/> )

Tel: +353 51 302915

E-Mail: ksullivan -at- tssg -dot- org

Blog: http://pureprose.wordpress.com/

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/