Re: graphics designer needed for logo help

Subject: Re: graphics designer needed for logo help
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:17:59 -0400

That's a rather broad brush. I neither work for a big company nor with
enormous budgets. I am simply a "living wage" advocate, and believe that
people should get paid for work that they do.

One more thing to keep in mind when asking for spec work in contests is that
(if you do some research into it) you as a client are going to be
responsible for making sure your logo doesn't infringe on anyone else's
trademark, nor is it ripped off from another artist (or clip art or derived
from stock photography violating their license agreement), which is what
happens frequently on the cheap logo contest websites (according to
information from specwatch.info site)

Off the top of my head, GAG (Graphic Artists' Guild - to which I belong) and
AIGA are the big professional graphic artist organizations in the US.

http://www.doctohelp.com