RE: Modern vs Old-fashioned Help

Subject: RE: Modern vs Old-fashioned Help
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:11:56 -0700

I've had so many bad experiences with horrible navigation in electronic
documents that creating good navigation is now one of my absolute top
priorities.
I've taken over many existing projects that have required a complete
makeover, and most of the time the only feedback I get is about how much
easier the re-vamped product is to use. With all the changes that I
might have made, it's the improved navigation that gets noticed the
most.

-Brian H.

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Neilson

...Or the practice, still incredibly common, of constructing government
websites according to the internal structure of the government. Can't
find the Water Department's hours? That's because it's under Facilities
> Services > Infrastructure > Parks, Water & Sewer > Water & Sewer >
Water > Office hours. And at each level you can only see one level
deeper, and not the name of the current level or the ones above.

http://www.doctohelp.com