Resolution (was Re: TechWhirler Recap for November 24?? November??

Subject: Resolution (was Re: TechWhirler Recap for November 24?? November??
From: RÃdacteur en chef <editorialstandards -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:04:49 -0400

> o  Ruth Sessions is looking for a little TW bartering with her post on
> âswapping monitors?â ÂSeems like there are quite a few folks ready to
> sacrifice newness for high resolution.
> In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

A lot of the problem is due to manufacturing economies.

Fabrication plants are set up to make big sheets of screen substrate,
which are then cut, much in the manner of integrated circuits
being cut from a wafer.

It just works out that the wide-aspect formats are more economical
(less waste after cutting) than the squarer formats that many of us
prefer for practical work reasons.

If our work was mostly watching movies, we'd want wide-screen.
But we're vastly outnumbered by the users who browse, watch
movies, tweet... and pretty much don't do anything else with a
computer.

</kevin>
--
 Â__o