Re: Wiki for Customer Facing documentation?

Subject: Re: Wiki for Customer Facing documentation?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 08:57:25 -0700

I think wikis are appropriate only when there's no hierarchy or
logical sequence for the topics. Any time a table of contents would be
helpful, a wiki is probably the wrong tool.

A wiki can be a good tool for a knowledge base so long as you can and
do set up permissions and approvals so that everything runs past an
editor before customers see it.

http://www.doctohelp.com