Re: references was Re: STC certification program

Subject: Re: references was Re: STC certification program
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Laura Lemay <lemay -at- lauralemay -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:49:04 -0700

I am seldom the first one out the door when things start to go badly at
employers, so my habit has been to approach managers, both my own and others
I have worked well with, for their agreement to be references when they are
leaving ahead of me. Company rules often prevent managers still at a
company you leave from providing references, but once those folks decide to
wave adios, they're free agents.

Don't wait until you actually need a network of contacts and references to
start working on creating one. And remember to drop notes now and then to
say hi and keep up to date.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://www.doctohelp.com