Re: ISO Document Control

Subject: Re: ISO Document Control
From: Sally Derrick <sjd1201 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:56:46 -0500

Thanks, Peter. Regarding audit type #1, what does your wife do when the
auditor is "requesting" something that is not required? For example, in my
brand new, shiny copy of ISO 9001, Section 4.2.3 Document Control has not
one word about approval signatures, effective dates, or retention periods.
However, the customer's internal auditor docked me a point for not having
it. I have pushed back on it and am waiting to hear their response. I
worry about the difference between interpretations on this stuff, and the
ever-present 'but we've always done it this way' mentality.

Sally

http://www.doctohelp.com