RE: Automation vs. User-created

Subject: RE: Automation vs. User-created
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Ann Waterhouse <AWaterhouse -at- apg-neuros -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:14:23 -0500

First, is 'on-the-fly' customization needed?
What would be the added value to the person paying the bills?

Second, who makes the snippets?

Whoever does that should ensure that each is self-contained
and has whatever keywords are needed, in order to call it
out of the database when needed... but not when it's not
needed.

The real hero in that scenario will be the database designer,
who will specify what the contents (snippets) must contain,
so that the scheme can actually work.

I think that the options are:

a) a big flop that doesn't do what was hoped, because the
necessary prep-work was glossed over, or

b) a really, really expensive success, because you (or the
hero) took the time to really, really plan and execute the
design and creation of the database.

- k

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com