indexing in MS Word 2010

Subject: indexing in MS Word 2010
From: Becca <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: tech2wr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:39:38 -0800 (PST)

I've just finished indexing a Word document (Word 2010, Windows 7) and my index is being very flakey.

Most of it indexes just fine.  but a large section is doing this:

Tags, markup
        paragraph

Tags, markup

Rather than doing this:

Tags, markup
         paragraph

since I've got about 70 references to individual tags, this is very annoying.  Everywhere else that I have nested index entries, it lists them properly, just not the tags index marker.  I can't imagine that i did 70 separate, distinct ways of entering these flags.

I tried changing it from Tags, markup to Markup Tags (getting rid of the comma), and it's still listing each individual entry separately rather than grouping them.

Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

TIA,

Becca

There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays
And every single one of them is right!
--Rudyard Kipling

http://www.doctohelp.com