Re: Trends in Tech Comm

Subject: Re: Trends in Tech Comm
From: Phil Snow Leopard <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: "techwrl (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:44:01 +0700

John Muir's book is indeed a classic! Some twenty years ago and from being a complete novice about mechanics, I completely rebuilt three VW air-cooled engines using that book alone, and even for a time made a small living out of doing VW maintenance work for others.

Alas, I no longer have a copy and hadn't even thought of it since getting into technical communication. I'd love to compare how he did such a great job with the theories they teach us on my MA tech comm course. I certainly agree that a large part of the confidence his book instilled in me was down to his style.

Interesting thought I'll have to look into further. Thanks for reminding me of that excellent manual!

Phil
Tech Writer
http://applehelpwriter.com

http://www.doctohelp.com