RE: Training and documentation teams play well together?

Subject: RE: Training and documentation teams play well together?
From: "Robert Heizman" <rheizman -at- vjt -dot- com>
To: "Rebecca Hopkins" <rebecca_hopkins -at- comcast -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:03:18 -0400

I have been in many companies, both large and small and in a number of
industries. Documentation and Training have always been separate
entities, for better or worse. I can only think of one company where we
(Doc Group) shared information with the Training (or Education, as it
was called) Group.

Mostly, I haven't even heard of the two groups communicating with each
other.

In my opinion, the Documentation people would make the best trainers
since we have to know the product (software or hardware) inside and out.

I would welcome the opportunity to do training for my company.

Bob