RE: Having fun with your resume - good idea/bad idea

Subject: RE: Having fun with your resume - good idea/bad idea
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>, "Green, Duane" <Duane -dot- Green -at- e-hps -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 08:52:22 -0700

Tony Chung wrote:

> On 2012-09-05, at 8:23 AM, "Green, Duane" <Duane -dot- Green -at- e-hps -dot- com>
> wrote:
>
> > I didn't spend 10 seconds reading these resumes, except to poke fun
> at with the other writers on my team. It was equally sad and humorous.
> >

> Yeah. So much for the expectation of confidentiality in job
> applications. I was shown a handful of "best examples" of the worst in
> my early days as a junior writer.

What's the nature of this "expectation of confidentiality in job applications" and where does it come from? When you submit a resume, do you expect that only the specific person to whom you sent it will look at that resume?

Duane is getting ready to fill another position. Would you expect him to make a decision without including other members of his team?

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom