Re: Best tablet for writing/editing

Subject: Re: Best tablet for writing/editing
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Craig Cardimon <craig -dot- cardimon -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 09:06:16 -0700

If you're captive to the Windows domain, definitely consider getting a
Surface. tablet and its accompanying keyboard. Surface is the next
generation of the Tablet PC, of which I am extremely fond. Our PM and a
consultant we recently hired used the Surface to work on our documents.

In the past I used the Tablet PC OS and rather enjoyed its handwriting
recognition and voice recording features. The screen display wasn't as
vivid as today's displays. Nor the battery life as long. OneNote really
excels as a Tablet PC app, even though Microsoft insisted at the time it
wasn't designed specifically for Tablet PC.

Windows isn't my operating system of choice. But I have to admit that Apple
fails in the hardware innovation department. They had a poor handwriting
tool in the Newton, but there were underpinnings that would have made the
iPad so much better. Instead Apple produced a basic tablet and trusted 3rd
party developers to build in the experience. Now we need a ton of apps to
rival the basic functionality of onenote.

It Tablet PC were made lighter and wih a battery that lasted longer, I
might not have switched to Apple. Well, at least not as a tablet.

As an aside I saw somewhere that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 makes a great
sketchbook. http://youtu.be/Y9qjx0_iTtQ

-Tony

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ