Re: So now we are content engineers?

Subject: Re: So now we are content engineers?
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Andrew Warren <awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com>, Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 13:55:47 -0800

It's only true if you present yourself as a licensed professional engineer (in which case, not having the license you claim to have would be fraud). Otherwise, all that's going to happen is that without the license you'll be unable to satisfy the requirements of any project whose requirements call for a licensed PE, and even then you can hire one as a consultant to review and sign off on your deliverables.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 11/6/2013 1:25 PM, Andrew Warren wrote:

As I said the last time this topic came up: a) That isn't true. People titled "Engineer" who develop products for a company, and people titled "Engineer" who do work that is approved by a licensed Professional Engineer, don't need to be licensed Professional Engineers in any US state. b) If a company bestows other than the obvious title on technical writers because "Technical Writer" doesn't sound important enough, that company doesn't respect its technical writers. If the company chooses for them a title containing the word "Engineer", it doesn't respect its engineers, either.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ