Re: Hosted Help - server specs?

Subject: Re: Hosted Help - server specs?
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Technical Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 17:10:05 -0500

The subject line says "server specs" because our IT manager replied to my
initial inquiry with "We may have to build a new server for it. It all
depends on how this thing is architected." I've usually had to maintain
help that was already coded into the product, so being asked "how this is
going to be architected" rather baffled me. The application makes a call
to the Help URL (Welcome.html or some such). The call might include some
sort of token or password if we're locking down the Help to registered
users only. What else am I missing here?

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ