RE: Content optimization software (terminology management)

Subject: RE: Content optimization software (terminology management)
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 22:05:26 +0000

Considering there are, what, maybe 1,000 to 10,000 people subscribed to this discussion list, I'll consider that one opinion out of -- and I'll be generous here -- 1,000.

That means there are at least 999 other people on this list with equally valid opinions, and they deserve to be heard as well. And I hope they will speak up and express their own opinion, be it pro or con.

But I don't really care about the merits of STE, although anyone who wants to is welcome to comment on that if they feel the desire.

More importantly, there are perhaps two dozen people on this list who have actually fought for, implemented, and used a content optimization solution in their department, and those are the people I most want to hear from. I really want to hear their experiences with these solutions, pro and con.

Armchair critics are fine, they have a place. But if they obstruct the free flow of information, and if they impede the kind of progress that can be achieved on this list by the sharing of information, experiences, and actual wisdom that comes from experience, then they have no purpose.

Thanks,

Steve

On Friday, October 31, 2014 2:11 PM, Robert Lauriston wrote:

To a native speaker, STE aka ASD-STE100 looks strange and sometimes illiterate.

I don't think it should be used except in situations where it is required by regulations or standard for the particular market.

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l