Re: XML Doc Review -- WAS: Documentation collaboration - best practices and tools

Subject: Re: XML Doc Review -- WAS: Documentation collaboration - best practices and tools
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Chris Despopoulos <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 16:54:37 -0500

If you're using a CCMS to manage your content, many of them have review
workflows built right in.

If not (and it sounds like you're not), you may want to use Acrobat's
Shared Review feature.
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/shared-pdf-document-reviews.html

Whatever you do, you want to avoid isolated reviews as much as possible.
That is, avoid getting individual feedback from everyone involved - it's a
pain to stitch together, it's time-consuming, and it creates more work when
you have to chase down disagreements between reviewers. Centralize it and
allow reviewers to see and respond to each other's comments.

--
Bill Swallow

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l