Re: How to mention distant-past experience on a resume?

Subject: Re: How to mention distant-past experience on a resume?
From: "Stuart Burnfield" <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 18:16:44 +0800

I just don't agree that 20-year-old experience is automatically
irrelevant. If someone worked for a few years as a geologist or
industrial chemist or in the military that could be highly useful and
applicable to certain TW roles.

If anything some employers are swayed too much by past job titles. Bob
used to work as an X, and everyone can write, so Bob can write our X
manual.

--- Stuart