Re: Ask for a raise? Or pack my bags?

Subject: Re: Ask for a raise? Or pack my bags?
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 07:09:15 -0400

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 04:39:13 -0400, Steve Hudson <sh1448291904 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

One point I didn't see raised for you to consider, is "Would another tech
writer apply for your position at the current salary?". If they want to
turf you, they will need a replacement... would there be one?

If it's a really rotten place they'll think, "Oh, good. We don't need a TW at all. We can give the TW chores to the devs, because they certainly know the stuff better, and they already have written the specs. We even know the devs have spare time, because we so often see them sitting and staring into space. It's just a little wordsmithing, and everybody knows how to use MS Word. My kids could do it."

Haven't followed this thread closely. Has anyone suggested the "Ask The Headhunter" guy? He answers questions like this all the time, when he isn't ranting about how totally stupid HR and the whole hiring process is.
Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW