RE: [EXTERNAL] TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 185, Issue 10

Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 185, Issue 10
From: "Van Laan, Krista" <Krista -dot- VanLaan -at- itron -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 17:48:44 +0000

------------------------------

Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com> said:

> Today it's all about LinkedIn and the three Ps ? Profile, Participation, and Perseverance/Patience. It takes all three to make it pay off, which it has done in spades these past few years
> once I got serious about using it.
>
> With the exception of one one-year gig as a marcom director at a software/services company, I've never had success answering job ads. My resume is too diverse to pass muster with
> any ATS, so why bother? Either I've used guerrilla marketing to go to the head of the class, or interested parties find me.
>
> (Insiders writing job reqs rarely know how to correctly address what it is the company really seeks. Such specs get passed to recruiters, too many of whom are simply chair warmers who
> haven't an inkling how to be successful at placing qualified people. To boot, too many still clutch onto resumes, a worthless marketing tool in today's internet-driven world. "Read at
> the freakin' LinkedIn profile, why doncha?")

I agree about the chair-warmers. When you refer to "Participation," do you mean participating in LinkedIn by posting and joining groups or are you referring to some other type of participation?

Krista
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com