RE: Agile Epics & Stories & TechPubs

Subject: RE: Agile Epics & Stories & TechPubs
From: "Annette Reilly" <annetterieee -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "'Martinek, Carla'" <CMartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>, "'TechWhirl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 08:01:51 -0400

For comprehensive guidance on information development in agile teams, see
ISO/IEC/IEEE 26515 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6170923

For advice on developing an information plan, see ISO/IEC/IEEE 26511 ,
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8584518

Yes, you would need to pay for these, but compare the cost to the hours or
weeks of staff time it would take to get up to speed on this.

But I think your question is really, what epics/ stories are being developed
for the product and need to be worked into the stories assigned to the
information developer, either in parallel with the product developers, or a
sprint or two behind their work. So your team member needs to be working
closely with the project team during the initial planning (Sprint zero).

That is quite a sizable body of work for one person. Is that typical for
your team? Do you have content management to reuse material (embedding
videos in user guides for example).

Good luck,