Re: U.S. Copyright Regulations Question

Subject: Re: U.S. Copyright Regulations Question
From: GOS -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 09:07:00 -0600

Robert,
The copyright law of 1980 required a seperate copyright for each publication.
If a new version has changes, it is a new publication, hence, old copyrights
do not need to be displayed unless they are renewals without change.
Using multiple years (1987-1993) is in appropriate since you are listing
the copyright date, not the development dates. We copyright at the end of the
publication process.
Let me reaffirm that this is the copyright law of 1980. I'm not aware of
any changes since then, but they may be out there.

Michael Gos
University of Houston