Enough is enough

Subject: Enough is enough
From: Joan Miles <miles -at- CCD -dot- HARRIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 08:46:40 EDT

I've been working in the technical writing business for only a year now.
I still consider myself a recent college graduate. What I do know is
that those of you who seem to have the time to complain over and over
again about bad drivers and bad users should be putting your time to more
constructive uses, like writing documents and such rather than
fighting back and forth over hundreds of miles through a computer.

I also noticed that the same people complaining about lack of effort,
laziness, etc., are also the same people who have the most spelling
errors in their mail, use very big words (more than three syllables),
and use words even a writer like myself need to look up in the
dictionary. What is that rule?--Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Anyway, I just wish you would all chill out. Now I know why so many
people seem to be unsubscribing (who, by the way, won't get to
see your retorts on why they are unsubscribing incorrectly since they
aren't subscribing anymore!!). I thought I might learn more about
what is out there in the technical writing field, but unfortunately
am only seeing a very negative aspect of WHO is out there.

You can respond how you want, but I will not get caught up in the
bantering.

Joan Miles
Technical Writer