Re: Drowning in the listserv mail ocean!

Subject: Re: Drowning in the listserv mail ocean!
From: Carol Linden <linden -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1993 11:41:17 -0500

> There is far too much traffic on this listserv for me to keep up with (I don't
> have the luxury of checking email every day unfortunately). Rather than
> unsubbing, however, is there a way to stop mail delivery from the listserver,
> but still have access to archived messages that I can read at my leisure (via
> listserv index get command or some such)?....

> Bill Downing, President Email: bdowning -at- schunix -dot- uucp
> DOWNING ASSOCIATES, INC. bdowning -at- control -dot- com
> 8 Doyle Lane
> Hopkinton, MA 01748 Voice: 508-435-4567

I have the same problem, but I don't want to unsubscribe either.
And viewing it through the newsreader is not an option where I
work because it's not on the list of "accepted" newsgroups.

A UNIX support person gave me a solution. (I am receiving
items from this list through ELM under UNIX on an HP workstation.)
He is setting up a filter under ELM that will catch all my
can read it as I have time, and I don't have to search through
so much in my regular mail folder to find my work-related items.

Hope this is of use to you.

--Carol Linden
technical writer
SAS Institute Inc.