Re: resume question

Subject: Re: resume question
From: "M. T. Anslin" <mta -at- CYBERSPACE -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1993 13:03:00 EDT

Should our resumes include software information and all the accompanying
acronyms? Mine currently emphasizes the *kinds* of things I've written,
e.g., a user manual for Company B, a video script for Company D, rather
than the tools I used to do the job.

Since I started out with a great deal of hardware/software experience, and
no degree in tech writing, I found it helpful to list all the packages I could
use and all the platforms and OS's I was familiar with. It got me *IN* to
several interviews
I wouldn't have had otherwise.

It depends a lot on your experience and your competition, I think.

Misti
mta -at- cyberspace -dot- org