Re: comment sheets

Subject: Re: comment sheets
From: Fred M Jacobson <fred -at- BOOLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1993 14:16:02 PDT

Greeting-

A company I worked for also sent a reply including the resolution
to every documentation comment. This did not, however, represent
a lot of work.

A software company I know of includes this on their copyright pages:

The ______ Technical Publications Department welcomes corrections
and comments on its documents. Please use the Read Comment Form ...

If you mark typograhical errors, formatting errors, errors of fact,
or areas that need clarification in any _____ user's manual and send
copies of the marked-up pages to us, we will send you a clean copy
of the manual, ABSOLUTELY FREE.

Just what I want in return for my corrected pages, a copy of the original
errors! How much better the Datatel procedure that Charles Fisher
described. The helpful document user deserves to see his/her comments
making a difference. That's the way to do it.

-Fred

PS- If you want to send a prize, a little pocket screwdriver appeals
to us computer nerds. -F
--
INTERNET: fred -at- boole -dot- com PHONE: (408) 524-3292 FAX: (408) 730-0558
USPS: Fred Jacobson / Boole & Babbage / 510 Oakmead Pkwy / Sunnyvale CA 94086