Re: Justifying Additional St

Subject: Re: Justifying Additional St
From: Pat Anderson <panderson -at- ALIAS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 12:03:24 -0400

Reply to: RE>Justifying Additional Staff
Brian writes:
*****
I'd like to get a feeling for staffing patterns and workload
of other technical communications departments.
Specifically, how many writers, illustrators, word
processors, and proofreaders/editors are in your
departments?

Not enough : )

We are three: one senior editor and two writers. We illustrate, index, write
and process the words ourselves, and proofread each other's work.

We produce documentation (introductory books, release notes, reference
materials, tutorial materials, and a programming manual) for our workstation
products (Alias Animator, Alias PowerAnimator, Alias Designer, Alias Studio and
Alias AutoStudio). It's a lot of pages, but some of it is reusable across
products.

We also produce a reference book, quick reference card, and tutorials for Alias
Sketch!, a MacIntosh product.

And we put information for Alias Eclipse into its final form (it's documented
where the development team is, in Connecticut).

Do we need more bodies? Doesn't everyone? : )

...pat. anderson
technical writer
Alias Research Inc.

(my opinions, not Alias')