Q: Word vs. Frame

Subject: Q: Word vs. Frame
From: Katie Schuler <klschulr -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 11:03:25 -0400

Greetings.

I am currently using Word to produce some lengthy manuals. They are
nothing fancy, printed in-house, etc...However, because of their length, I
have run into many problems with Word. I am saving each chapter as a
separate file, which leads to many problems in pagination, printing, etc.
My company is considering purchasing Frame for me, but we are worried
about a few issues:
1. Can you successfully import a Frame document to Wordperfect?
We have a few customers who use Wordperfect and enjoy receiving the
manuals on disk.
2. Is it a suitable word processor, or would you suggest writing
in another application and importing?

I would greatly appreciate any input on this subject. If anyone has any
suggestions about creating large documents in Word, I'd love to hear them.
(My company is very hesitant about making the purchase.) Because the
documents are really not that fancy (in terms of layout), I wonder if
Frame is really necessary? I do know that it much better equipped to
handle large documents...Personally, I have never used it.

Katie Schuler
ABB, Automated Distribution Division
Raleigh, NC