TQM, or Taking my own advice

Subject: TQM, or Taking my own advice
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 11:19:00 EST

Text item: Text_1

Taking my own advice, I'm going to start a thread (hopefully) on TQM
and it's usefulness. This posting is going to include possibly
inflammatory statements, intended to start a discussion, NOT a
flamewar. That said:

I don't know a lot about TQM (read: if someone else does, please post
what you know), BUT it seems to me to be a fad, kind of like the
business equivalent of pet rocks. You do it 'cause everyone else is.
Hence, no buy-in. Also hence, no real follow through. All that
happens is people have to jump through a bunch of hoops for a while,
then management gets bored and goes on to the business equivalent of a
Barbie Town House. Any advocates out there who want to change my
mind?

Bonni Graham |
Technical Writer | em dash, n. A hyphen with
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab | delusions of grandeur.
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com | --Ezra Shapiro
President, San Diego STC |