Re: TQM

Subject: Re: TQM
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 16:19:00 EST

OK, I'll bite -- I wanna know more. Anatole -- can you provide a
description (more detailed than here) of this process? Did you (not
necessarily you, personally) document it at all? Can you share that
document? Specific, practical information is priceless...

Anatole writes:
My department developed a process that cut book production time by 30% and
actually
added quality checks throughout the process. Our measurements were based
*not* on the bottom line, but on the quality of the books and the process
(number of technical errors, etc.) Not only did the quality of the books
go up, but real costs went down. This experience and the way it not only
affected productivity and profit but also the company culture, has me
sold on TQM.
END OF ORIGINAL MESSAGE

Bonni Graham |
Technical Writer | em dash, n. A hyphen with
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab | delusions of grandeur.
Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- relay -dot- proteon -dot- com | --Ezra Shapiro
President, San Diego STC |